Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Altissimo Course Altissimowing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Johnny – just tracked you down on this web site!!

http://www.bestsaxophonewebsiteever.com/its-indeed-possible-to-master-your-altissimo-and-heres-how/#comment-143825

Michael – get on there man – you’re better at altissimowing than me!!!

Michael Bishop
      Participant

LOL, thanks JB. but what good is Altissimo with proper tuning? No worries, it’s being taken care of as I discovered a couple of minor things, so I’m glad the great folks here on this site brought some valuable points to my attention. In terms of using a tuner over a cpu. to check the intonation of your song, that’s a great idea and I hadn’t even thought about that before (duh LOL), definately going to start doing that for sure, but as the guys with the Blues Society told me here, don’t do it with a backing track in the background, that’s just not an accurate way to check the tuning. They told me to play something without the backing track in the mix and I’ll get a much better reading with the tuner. And as my friend Robert Gunter told me whose been playing Guitar for over 16 years, even at that a tuner won’t always accurately read the intonation of your playing, it just depends on your cpu system…ever listen to something straight over the raw speakers of a cpu v.s listening to that same song with some high-quality headphones? It can sound drastically different.

Anonymous

Micheal – draw a line under it & move on. The main thing is you know the problem & the cure – so we expect improvement! Just a blip like forgetting to warm up – it happens to everyone.

heres a funny one i just had to comment on

http://www.bestsaxophonewebsiteever.com/most-unique-sax-tone-development-device/#comment-143833

john
          Keymaster

but Michael I think your altissimo notes were in tune. just keep working on it and it’ll all come together just like all the other things have for you.
            @ JB, ya I got an email alerting me of a comment and I responded not realizing it was you!
            The guy who runs that site and I have had a bit of contact over the last few years… he interviewed me for an article he did on doubling and then later put up that little thing about my altissimo course.
            thanks for leaving a comment JB, if anyone else who is doing the course please leave a comment on there as well!
            Johnny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.