Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions All the news !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Hi everybody. Just this last ten minutes got back from Manchester. I’m just going to put on the kettle, and I’ll be right back !!

jak Swift
      Participant

So….I spent the morning on the train to Manchester. Its only about fifty clicks, so a good half hour each way. I went into ” Johnny Roadhouse ” music, with the intention of buying the Yamaha 52 tenorsax. I really didn’t like it, they wanted me to pay for a case, as they didn’t have one. Since Johnny Sr passed away, the place is a shadow of its former self. I used to ask J Sr, was ” Roadhouse ” his real name. He always answered yes, but I’m not so sure…lol !! Anyhow, next to the Yamaha there was the ” Jupiter ” model I am playing. Jupiter….800 pounds, Yamaha, 900 pounds….no case. It proved a point. My ” Arta Guban ” tenor has been overhauled, and Al is dropping it off this week coming. A curious Romanian tenorsax, but a chunk of brass. Heavy in weight, heavy in sound. I’m in a kind of odd situation. I have a certain amount of cash, but need a bargain. There is a London session player, Aldevis Tibaldi. I know he has a Dolnet, he’s been trying to sell for a while. I’m gonna mail him and then take the advice of a good friend. ” let the horn find you !! “…..now that makes sense !!
        I didn’t come back empty handed, so I’m gonna switch to the mpc section…..you coming ??

Pete
        Participant

Jak
          That is Johnny real name (ROADHOUSE) I went their many years ago for sax
          lessons, is son now runs it. Has you say not the same place now.

jak Swift
          Participant

Yeah, I’ve had the pleasure of young Johnny’s company….$$$$$$$ !!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.