Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Ain't That a Kick in the Head Cover

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

Check out my cover of Ain’t That a Kick in the Head, by Dean Martin. Classic Vegas!

Michael Bishop
      Participant

I love your sound Aminn. Very nice, full, round tone. Nice to see you playing your Trevor James Sax too, they’re my favorite line of Saxophones 🙂 Keep up the great work Aminn. On a side note, is it possible to get the backing track/sheet music from you to this great song? Thanks for your help 🙂

Pete
        Participant

Good Aminn nice sound you have, what do you think of
          Jody Jazz mp thinking of getting one and what is opening
          size please.
          Keep blowing
          Pete

William Cingolani
          Participant

Nice job Aminn. Nice sound. Nice buzz.

Z
            Participant

Thanks for the comments, guys. Peter, JodyJazz is a nice mouthpiece for me; it’s very easy to control in all registers. I use a 7*, but everybody is different in the way that they play, and what is comfortable for them. I don’t like to use mouthpieces with small or large tip openings. Staying around the middle of the range for tip openings is what works the best for me, but it may be different for you.

Anonymous

Very nice tone there Arminn.

What’s happened to the video that it’s horizontally flipped over – you had me wondering there for a moment.

Mel
                Participant

Very Nice indeed! Is there a U.S. retailer for the Trevor James saxophones?

Z
                  Participant

Hehe Jeff yes, when I record with Photobooth it flips the picture for some reason. @Mel, I don’t think that there is. You could check with West music but I don’t think that they will have anything. I bought mine from Massulo Music in Canada. What I would do if you were serious about buying one of these is to get it from sax.co.uk, because I think that that’s where Massulo gets them from anyway, so it would save some time to just get it straight from Sax.co.uk

Michael Bishop
                    Participant

@ Mel–This is a fairly new website for the North American Trevor James Distributor. I challenge anyone to find a better line of Saxophones for the $ than the pro models that Trevor James makes. On the reviews link for the website, check out what some players have said who played a Selmer Mark 6. At the annual NAMM show in 2016, several folks did a blind-folded test between the Selmer Mark VI and the Trevor James RAW Big Bell Tenor. For every 10 players, 8 of them picked the Trevor James Big Bell Tenor over the Selmer Mark VI. Everyone is different and not everyone would agree with those 8 folks who favored the Trevor James, but it should at least tell you something about them. I own 2 of them, fantastic Saxophones. My Alto is the pro model Signature Custom in Gold Lacquer and my Tenor is the SR Tenor, which is an Intermediate model of Sax….don’t let that word “Intermediate” fool you. I believe Amminn’s Model of Trevor James is also an Intermediate model; but as you can see in this video just pair it up with a high-quality MP like Aminn has done and you’ll be good to go for years to come. Like Aminn said, the folks at Sax.co.uk are very good folks to work with too, that’s who I bought my Selmer Soprano from.
                      http://www.trevorjamessaxophones.com/?gclid=CMHAmcyl584CFQataQodLBIHcQ

Mel
                      Participant

Thanks Aminn and Michael for the feedback!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.