Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Aching fingers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bevvii Dee
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’ve been playing for about a week now and am finding that after about an hour, my fingers on my right hand ache lots. I did damage the tendons in my pinkie a couple of months ago so that one feels worse. My left hand is ok because that is trained to stretch for keyboard chords so I’m not having too many problems with that.

I was thinking of trying the stretching technique I used when I first started playing keyboards (picking up plates with a fully stretched hand span) but I’m worried doing that may damage my poorly pinkie even further. If anyone can recommend any more good techniques that won’t hurt my damaged pinkie, then I will be most grateful 😀

Bev

john
      Keymaster

Hi Bev, sounds like a job for a physio therapist. I wish I knew of something but personally I haven’t had any experience in such a thing.

john
        Keymaster

http://www.physioroom.com/product/PhysioRoom.com_Thumb_Stabiliser_Support_Splint/3080/39114.html – i saw an old sax player wearing something like this on both hands because he had worn out both thumb cartilages – he reckoned it was caused by years of supporting the sax with both thumbs instead of letting the horn rest on his body while playing. Other than that i haven’t seen anything on the tinternet!

Tim56
          Participant

Dee: Try this, without playing, run your pinky back from key to key over the rollers. Do it slowly. You only have 2 keys to deal with here. I do these exorcizes every day. Do the same with your left hand too. Again, very slow. See if that will help. Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.