Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions A night to remember !!

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jak Swift
    Participant

Well, its just turned 2.30 am, and I’m on a huge high. I am so proud of my city, Liverpool is one of the worlds greatest music cities, and this evening we absolutely tore down the house. The guy we supported was not American as I thought, but from South Wales. ” The Real John Lewis “…. he was a remarkable player, and great guy. I haven’t looked but doubtless he will be on you tube. We opened, to a packed house. I’m just winding down, with coffee and a smoke, so very, very, happy to not only get my first paycheck since June last, but by the amount of love that came my way. Just thinking back, twenty or more years and how we idolized the top Liverpool musicians of the time. Albie Donnelly of ” Supercharge ” Andy Parker, Gaz Gaskill amongst many others. Now, for young guys and girls shyly asking for a photo….its come full circle. The drought is over…I’m back and I don’t think I’ve ever felt better. Thank you all for your support this past year, it means more than you can imagine. I hope you enjoy the rest of your Easter Holiday….goodnight and thanks again….jak ( is back !! )

Anonymous

That’s great Jak! It’s nice to hear some good news for a change.

I hope the live bands are coming back to the clubs in a big way.

Rock, Blues and Jazz on real instruments, is where the musical diamonds are found IMHO.

Anonymous

He certainly sounds American.

Anonymous

Mel
            Participant

Alright Jak! Sounds like it was a Big night. Good for you!

jak Swift
              Participant

Thanks Mel; it was a fabulous night man. Yup, that’s the guy….a Gentleman. It was like a ” Gretsch ” appreciation society. Jim our guitar player has the Brian Setzer autograph model. Darren from ” the swinging bricks ” had another, John another, plus that electric on the clips. He was outstanding. For the record, the bands on the night….
                We opened
                Darren played solo.
                Mike Badger and the shady trio. ( Mike has kept R&R, and rockabilly prevelant on the Liverpool scene, often putting his hand in his own pocket to pay the bands….what a guy !! )
                Finally, John Lewis.
                If rockabilly is your thing, check out the lineup on you tube. It was an amazing night….the first of many !!

Anonymous

Hi Jak

It’s been a very trying week and things just seem to grow worse, but listening to these tracks again certainly makes me smile.

Will you be able to do an upload sometime?

jak Swift
                  Participant

Hi Jeff. I’m sorry to hear you’ve not had a good week. It goes without saying, if there is anything I can do, please just ask. Downloads \ uploads are problematic. I’m only using a cheap pad and it’s storage space is full. I’m awful with computers, and worried if I start deleting , I may lose the tracks I’ve bought from Johnny, plus a lot of other bits. I have a friend who is a teacher. He’s looking out for a decent laptop for me. Hook that up to a decent soundbar, and I’m good to go. Chin up my friend. Its an awful feeling when things go from bad to worse, but it will pass Jeff, it really will. pm me if you want to chat, as I say, if I can help in any way, not a problem at all. Take it easy man…jak

Anonymous
                      jak Swift
                      Participant

sxpoet…LOL man. Frankie is wonderful; D: ream….er, no comment, but a nice thought.
                        Thank you….jak

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.